Grilled Garlic & Vegetable Medley Recipe
There's nothing like the wonderful flavor of grilled fresh vegetables with whole cloves of roasted garlic. Whether you're grilling steak, chicken or salmon, this is the perfect side dish and easy to master!
- You'll need a non-stick grilling basket/skillet (with holes) to get the desired results. Also note that you can use whatever combination of vegetables you like or have on hand. You'll also want to make sure your grill is clean and free of any built up oil/residue below your burners.
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces and place in large mixing bowl. Peel the skin off the garlic cloves. You can leave them whole or cut in half depending on their size, but you don't want them too small as they may fall through the holes in your grilling basket/skillet.
- Liberally add basting oil to your vegetable mixutre, season with kosher salt and black pepper and mix with spoon to coat all pieces.
- Over medium heat on the grill, carefully place your vegetable mixture into the grilling skillet with tongs. You'll want to do this slowly and avoid dumping any excess basting oil in the bottom of your mixing bowl into the fire. Spread veggies evenly in skillet and try to get any firm vegetables like potatoes on the bottom as they'll take a little longer to cook.
- Close the grill and check frequently for flare-ups. I try to keep the grill around 400 degrees and stir three or four times over the course of about 15 minutes. You don't want to overcook! The goal is to have tender vegetables with a little grill char, but not overdone and burnt.
- Serve as a side to your favorite protein.
Garlic and herb infused basting oil
Garlic, 6 to 8 cloves
Baby redskin potatoes
Red bell pepper
Portabella mushroom cap
Freshly ground black pepper