Classic Garlic Bread Recipe
An easy and essential recipe for classic garlic bread -- perfect as an appetizer or to soak up your favorite pasta sauce!
- Cut slits across loaf of bread, about 3/4 of an inch apart and about 3/4 of the depth of the bread. Don't cut all the way through as we want the loaf to stay connected while cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine margarine or softened (but not melted) butter, 2 cloves pressed garlic, grated parmesan cheese and dried parsley flakes.
- With a spoon or knife, spread mixture on the inside of the loaf covering all cut sides.
- Loosely wrap loaf in foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. (Works great on the grill as well)
- Remove from oven and serve whole, tearing off pieces to enjoy.
Italian or french bread
2 cloves garlic
Margarine or softened butter
Grated parmesan cheese